• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disposing of old computer equipment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disposing of old computer equipment?

What's the easiest way of doing this these days? Donate to charity?

Have already cleaned the hard disk but not sure how to get rid of it. Dont like the idea of just taking it down the tip!!

Originally posted by Mustang
    What's the easiest way of doing this these days? Donate to charity?

Have already cleaned the hard disk but not sure how to get rid of it. Dont like the idea of just taking it down the tip!!
    Thats a bit tricky nowadays, esp with WEE directives etc.

If you do give it to charity make sure you get it in writing that they are now the owners of that kit.

Your local council should be able to point you in the right direction.
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Well taking it down the tip isn't environmentally friendly anyway.. as for charity they are quite fussy these days and usually have a minimum spec that they'll accept. I think there is a company that will pick up your PC and dispose of it. I think it might be free, but can't remember - google it.

Comment

Throw it onto a railway embankment or canal cutting. That seems to be the usual way.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Try this: http://www.freecycle.org/

Great idea and environmentally friendly too.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Smash up the hard disk and sell it on eBay stating "full working order".

Comment

These guys are quite good too

http://lowtech.org/intro/
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by pfeds
                Smash up the hard disk and sell it on eBay stating "full working order".
                Oh so its you selling them on ebay then!! I'm still waiting for my refund btw!

Comment

Sell it on ebay, your bound to get something for it.

Comment

Lob it off the top of a car park.

I'd recommend Sainsburys in Walton-On-Thames.
                    Call the cops

Comment

Working...
                    X