• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Contract

Due to court cases, patent disputes and development of a new product on hold I've had to look for a bit of work. 6 agencies contacted me about a position last week and I took up the first one. What is interesting is that its basically all Windows based (2003 server, Derby, Websphere, OO Rexx, testing, etc) of which I don't have any skills to speak of. Anyway on Thursday I went down for the interview and found out what it is exactly. Friday morning I got the gig as lead tester, some development, running the beta program and other bits and pieces for a new IBM product. Nice gig as the product goes live in July and my contract is for 1000 hours until end of July with extension. Now to read some manuals.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

well done...
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
      Due to court cases, patent disputes and development of a new product on hold I've had to look for a bit of work. 6 agencies contacted me about a position last week and I took up the first one. What is interesting is that its basically all Windows based (2003 server, Derby, Websphere, OO Rexx, testing, etc) of which I don't have any skills to speak of.
      Don't tell me an old Big Iron bod (IIRC) doesn't know Rexx? (As for OO, weeeellll....)

Comment

Rexx looks like VB3 to me.

Comment

Due to court cases, patent disputes and development of a new product on hold I've had to look for a bit of work. 6 agencies contacted me about a position last week and I took up the first one. What is interesting is that its basically all Windows based (2003 server, Derby, Websphere, OO Rexx, testing, etc) of which I don't have any skills to speak of. Anyway on Thursday I went down for the interview and found out what it is exactly. Friday morning I got the gig as lead tester, some development, running the beta program and other bits and pieces for a new IBM product. Nice gig as the product goes live in July and my contract is for 1000 hours until end of July with extension. Now to read some manuals.
          Loser
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            Loser
            Explain? Discuss? Still getting paid by the other lot for sitting on my bum working for someone else as well so I presume that makes me a double loser?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Explain? Discuss? Still getting paid by the other lot for sitting on my bum working for someone else as well so I presume that makes me a double loser?
              Just a bit of leg pulling darmstadt
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
              X