• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Priceless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Priceless

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ch/6376405.stm

The MBNA bank has warned customers that they face a £10 fine if they leave a positive balance on their credit card.

Some cardholders were sent a letter at the end of January telling them that they risk facing what the firm calls a "credit balance service fee".

It pays to be in debt these days.

Roughly translated as "Come on guys....we're trying to earn money off your. Play nice please?"

Comment

it was in the money supplement of the torygraph at the weekend.

so if your 1 pence in credit you get slapped with the fee followed by a late payment and missed month payment the following month when you thought you were in credit. goal posts with wheels...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Sounds like a ploy to stop the stoozers
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Seems ridiculous on the face of it but,to be fair, the article states that it only applies to cards that are unused for 12 months. I guess by that time it's costing the credit card company more to issue monthly statements than it's getting by investing the £1.57 or however much you've left it in credit by. I expect the reason it that it can't suspend the card, as it would normally do after a year of no transactions, until it has a zero balance.
          It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

I'm sure that will fall under those unfair bank charges that you can claim back. How can anyone justify that they incurred an expense by holding some of your cash?

Comment

You are waaaaaaaaaay too reasoned to be posting on here.

You should try reading the Daily Mail more often

Comment

Originally posted by Back In Business
                I'm sure that will fall under those unfair bank charges that you can claim back. How can anyone justify that they incurred an expense by holding some of your cash?
                I dont think it classes the same. Its a bit like NatWest "advantage gold" accounts that they charge you monkey loads for.

Comment

Originally posted by Back In Business
                  Most banks do charge for holding your cash, except in the UK. So it's not a bizarre idea.

My Swiss bank charges loads for a credit balance.
                  God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
                  X