• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekly Roundup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly Roundup

This is a post to save us all time during the week.

Tuesday : House Prices Shocker !
    In this thread, various members will vigourously debate whether house prices will stabilise, fall, or go through the roof (pun intended). Several coherent arguments will be put forward, though none by El Duder naturally. The general consensus is that there is no general consensus, and the topic will have to be revisited at a later date, probably in the afternoon.

Wednesday : Can you feel the Love ?
    In the thread, a declaration of love, between 2 regulars, will shock and stun the board. Several members will get very upset that they are not part of the menage-a-thirty, and go off and sulk for 3 minutes. Subsequent posts see similar outpourings of affection, for even the most hopeless of cases, and as the day draws to a close, regulars and non-regulars will go home with a smile on their faces and a warm glow in their hearts.

Thursday : Hate me, Hate you
    It starts with a simple, innocuous comment, about johhny foreigner types coming over here to the UK and stealing our women. Then all hell breaks loose, as a well known Italian Stallion reveals that he has, in fact, stolen all our women (leaving the only 2 viable females left in Britain : Jade Goody & Rochdale Swamp Donkey). There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth, until one of the more “liberal minded” regulars suggests importing baboon bottoms from the Amazon. Shares in a well-known online gift retailer go through the roof.

Friday : Chill Zone
    Friday sees everyone back in calmed-down mode, with the weekend almost upon us. Milan will ask who is working this weekend. Everyone else will be planning on finishing early. There will be some dubious poetry. The board will flounder and die a death by about 4.30 pm.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Could you chaps do a little less posting on a Friday.

I have managed to get my week down to 4 days so have no time to CUK on a Friday.

Don't you just love an understanding client.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Thanks BGG

Now there's no point ever logging on again.

Talk about plot spoiler!

Comment

You're not supposed to angry til Thursday

Comment

Working...
        X