• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Silly company name...or not ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly company name...or not ?

OK, so I wanted the letters A, N & L in my new company name. Since both myself and partner will be contracting under the LTD and doing different roles (IT banking and PA roles), I want to use the name :

ANL Solutions Ltd.

Now, read that name out. Read it a few times, quickly, over and over.

OK, so have you come up with the same thoughts that immediately came to my warped mind - that this sounds rather like ANAL SOLUTIONS.

Myself, having a humorous disposition, thinks that this is quite acceptable, and if clients want to have a little snigger to themselves about it, then thats their problem (I can always play dumb and blame it on their coarse minds). Besides, day to day, the company name will not be used that much really.

So, what are peoples thoughts about whether this name would be likely to have any negative effects on potential business ? (Hey, at least its memorable!)

MDSboy

Is your 'partner' male or female?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      Is your 'partner' male or female?
      LOL ! No, she is definately female.

Comment

Have you tried?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Back in the days when they had to write out a cheque it was funny. It's lost a lot now in these days of automatic payments, etc.
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

I thought about calling my Ltd

Cisco
            Unix
            Network
            Technology IT

or

Future
            Unix
            Checkpoint
            Knowledge IT

but bottled it.
            Call the cops

Comment

With my surname of 'Foot' I wanted to call MyCo 'Twelve Inch Consulting'. The only objector was my wife. She reckoned people might see that as sexual innuendo. Can't think why...
              Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
                With my surname of 'Foot' I wanted to call MyCo 'Twelve Inch Consulting'. The only objector was my wife. She reckoned people might see that as sexual innuendo. Can't think why...
                Have you ever worked in Hull?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                  Nope. I drove there once, but it was shut...
                  Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    Has anyone?
                    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
                    X