• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What point are sigs required on formation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What point are sigs required on formation

Wanting to set up an Ltd in the next few days with my partner (thats a girl!) as secretary, but she is in Goa for the next 3 weeks.

At what point will she need to actually sign documents ?

Am I able to go ahead with this now and get her to sign stuff on return, or should I wait ?

cheers
    MDSboy

Who's doing the formation paperwork? If it's a formation agent like Hanover then they'll appoint themselves as first Director and Comp Sec, then you'll be posted paperwork to sign and file with Companies House to change the appointments to whoever you want. They pre-sign this paperwork so I guess you can delay it a bit if you like. In my opinion.
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

I agree with Oraclesmith, presumably you will be using an agent to form the company so they will appoint themselves as secretary and director and then the first thing they will do is resign and send you the forms to complete appointing you and your partner.

However, if your company secretary is away for a few weeks is there any need to rush setting the company up? - you won't be able to do anything on the company's behalf like open a bank account until you have been appointed as officers of the company.

Usual dislaimer - IANAA - I have only done this once etc...

Comment

Working...
      X