• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We are all criminal suspects!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

The link doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
      The link doesn't work.
      It does if you're not a criminal

Comment

Works now. Sorry
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

an advantage

Originally posted by Paddy
          Surely the advantage of this isn't just that you can check the previous crimes against the database of fingerprints. More importantly, once you have the database you can add the fingerprints of your choice to any future crime scene. This should enable the police to reach their conviction targets much more easily.

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain
            Surely the advantage of this isn't just that you can check the previous crimes against the database of fingerprints. More importantly, once you have the database you can add the fingerprints of your choice to any future crime scene. This should enable the police to reach their conviction targets much more easily.
            Fine, wonderful. However fingerprints are not 100% proof and there are many near matches. Imagine you apply for identity card and you had a near mach to a criminal or terrorist. You are arrested taken away and a few weeks latter you are released with an apology.

Going on about "it doesn’t matter if you have nothing to hide and a few innocent people sent to prison" doesn’t matter if it gets the majority of criminal off the streets is a great opinion until it is you who has been taken away.

Comment

Fcuking outrageous!

Just because I don't pay any taxes and i've strangled the odd prostitute doesn't make me a fecking criminal!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                Fine, wonderful. However fingerprints are not 100% proof and there are many near matches. Imagine you apply for identity card and you had a near mach to a criminal or terrorist. You are arrested taken away and a few weeks latter you are released with an apology.

Going on about "it doesn’t matter if you have nothing to hide and a few innocent people sent to prison" doesn’t matter if it gets the majority of criminal off the streets is a great opinion until it is you who has been taken away.
                Like most contentious legislation get it on the books with least resistance and then expand - expect to see the fingerprint requirement replaced with fingerprint & drop of blood for DNA database post implementation

Comment

Do Daleks have fingerprints? I seem to remember the animate bit was no more than a small parcel of mixed offal.
                  It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
                    Do Daleks have fingerprints? I seem to remember the animate bit was no more than a small parcel of mixed offal.
                    And very tasty it was too!

Comment

Working...
                    X