• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

work permits up 45%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

work permits up 45%

Apparently there were 32,251 IT workers given work permits in the UK. Does that mean we are having a skills crisis...or that foreign IT workers are willing to work for 20% less than a native?

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articl...-time-high.htm

Here at CFS, Xansa has taken over the IT department and, gasp, 50% of their workforce is in India.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Look on the bright side, indigigenous unemployment and inflation are up....

I'll send a postcard in a couple of weeks....
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

well where I am, part of my job was to help with the transfer of IT jobs to Budapest, Server support, desktop support and network support, all Level 3, Level 1 & 2 are still in country.

they are now closing down the European L2 Server and Network support in Paris, to move it to KL.

so its not just here that has problems, its the developed countries in Euroland.
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Budapest

Nothing to do with the posting, but I am here in Budapest and going out on the lash tonight!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cityboy
          Nothing to do with the posting, but I am here in Budapest and going out on the lash tonight!!!!!!!!

What are you doing in Budapest ?
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

n5gooner is at IBM and I claim my £5

Milan.

Comment

well where I am, part of my job is to help with the transfer of IT jobs to Budapest

Comment

Oh and going on the lash!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                  n5gooner is at IBM and I claim my £5

Milan.
                  wrong!!! so I claim it back!!
                  SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

How can I get in on this fiver thing? in Budapest thats 4 beers

Comment

Working...
                    X