• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reference before putting cv forward

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reference before putting cv forward

Just told the agent to s0d off, she said she needed to verify my skills before giving her client my cv, and there was I thinking that was what interviews were for, ah well plenty more gigs in the sky.
    Antal - stay clear
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Tell them to FOAD and move on. That job is already taken or doesn't exist.

Simple rule - If the spiv agent wants references up front (names, phone numbers etc) THE JOB IS ALREADY FILLED OR DOES NOT EXIST.

I'll say it again:

Simple rule - If the spiv agent wants references up front (names, phone numbers etc) THE JOB IS ALREADY FILLED OR DOES NOT EXIST.

I'll say it again:

I'll say it again:

I'll say it again:

I'll say it again:

I'll say it again:

I'll say it again:

I'll say it again:

I'll say it again:

Comment

Hmmm.

Practicus wanted refs before I got a role off them. I gave them one and true enough they didnt ask for any work off that person just wanted to ask about me.

All the people they pimp are referenced before the interviews which works nicely for me as I start a 27 week role through them on monday. High chance of an extension.

So play it by ear. I was skeptical but sometimes agents don't lie and just want the leads.

Comment

Regressive asked me for references before I went for interview once, they said "It will make things move quicker", I was naive and gave her some, strange I never heard from her for a long time.

Comment

Working...
        X