• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Meribel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meribel

I'm off there in a coupleof weeks, anyone been before, if so any good for boarding?

Fine for boarding (although I'm a skier) if there's snow, of course. Good apres-ski scene too, if a little too many hooray henries.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Jawz
      I'm off there in a coupleof weeks, anyone been before, if so any good for boarding?
      Break a leg. Better still, your fingers!

Comment

Just get a pass for 'Les Trois Vallees' and then you can use all of the 600km of pisted slopes from Val Thorens to Courchevel, You'll never get bored and I think its the largest ski area in the world.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          Break a leg. Better still, your fingers!
          ROFL
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Part of the Three Valleys - one of the largest Ski resorts in the world...has everything. Although if bad weather..which I had last year (didn't stop snowing) then you will find visbility bad and lifts closd..Is a high resort

Otherwise will have a great time.

Comment

try and find the 4th valley as tehre are really 4.
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Great for boarding - and snow is forecast. Val Thorens got some wicked steeps, plus you got some serious snow forecast in the next few days (Making up for a shabby start to the season).

Also if you get the chance go on one of the ski discovery days - cost about 30 euros or so and basically and old hand (Generally some ski guide who's lived there forever) will take you round all the powder stashes - I had one of my top three days of all time doing that, booked it the day after a big dump, got blue skies and 50-100 cm powder and only three other people with us, the only time we did piste was to come out to get a chair again.

Then there is the rond pont - get ready to see a green run turn into a black after a few bottles of toffee vodka (Gotta try it - it's what it's famous for) at the end of a day, hilarious.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
                  Great for boarding - and snow is forecast. Val Thorens got some wicked steeps, plus you got some serious snow forecast in the next few days (Making up for a shabby start to the season).

Also if you get the chance go on one of the ski discovery days - cost about 30 euros or so and basically and old hand (Generally some ski guide who's lived there forever) will take you round all the powder stashes - I had one of my top three days of all time doing that, booked it the day after a big dump, got blue skies and 50-100 cm powder and only three other people with us, the only time we did piste was to come out to get a chair again.

Then there is the rond pont - get ready to see a green run turn into a black after a few bottles of toffee vodka (Gotta try it - it's what it's famous for) at the end of a day, hilarious.
                  Awesome, sounds cool! I'm not going for 2 weeks however so hope there's snow then The resort we are staying at is on piste at 1750m (halfway up the mountain) which is good. Toffee vodka sounds interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by Jawz
                    Awesome, sounds cool! I'm not going for 2 weeks however so hope there's snow then The resort we are staying at is on piste at 1750m (halfway up the mountain) which is good. Toffee vodka sounds interesting..
                    Awesome?

FFS, how old are you? 15? If so SASGuru has a position for you little boy!

Comment

Working...
                    X