• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foreigners on our money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreigners on our money

Bloody check of ‘em printing a foreigner on the new £20 note. What next, Charles de Gaulle on the £5, or even Hitler on the £10?
    Drivel is my speciality

Now now Buff. Don't take on so. As long as the chap is significant (in a positive way) in England and to the English then why not?
    As long as this doesnt lead to the sycophantic glorification of every Tom, Dick and Harry then it is a good thing.

Once again England leads the way in racial integration.

(I am assuming we are leading the way and not just following the example of others).
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      Now now Buff. Don't take on so. As long as the chap is significant (in a positive way) in England and to the English then why not?
      As long as this doesnt lead to the sycophantic glorification of every Tom, Dick and Harry then it is a good thing.

Once again England leads the way in racial integration.

(I am assuming we are leading the way and not just following the example of others).
      The Royal Bank of Scotland issued a fiver with Jack Nicklaus on it.
      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
        The Royal Bank of Scotland issued a fiver with Jack Nicklaus on it.
        Well done the Scots.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

How about sticking Warnie on the back of a fiver. You can look at his ugly mug every time u sticking some columbian marching powder up your hooter..

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
            Well done the Scots.
            Yeah well, they issued 2 million of them and every one that is kept by a collector is a £5 donation to the Royal Bank of Scotland.
            God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

I brought a £100 note out of the wallet the other day colleague did not believe me said I made it up and no such thing existed the polis would get me for trying to make illegal tender.

Please tell me you know such a thing exists! I’ve used the note many times back home but most folk down here don’t believe in it!

Going up to Edinburger this weekend no point carrying anything smaller in your wallet really.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Give it a year or two an the BoE will release one with a pic of the old one-eyed hook chappie...

...to celebrate diversity of course...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

It could be argued Adam Smith has had more influence on UK economics than anyone else born in these Isles. Rather fitting he's on the money IMHO
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...cotland100.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X