• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overpaid women.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overpaid women.

Women to be paid the same as men at Wimbledon.

This realy annoys me.
    Women want equality, which I totaly agree with, but they never want to do the hard bit that accounts for the difference in the first place.

Why not just have one Wimbledon champion and let them all play for it? If women are equal then surely they can win it?
    There is a bloody difference and they should accept it.
    Same with those dinner ladies getting back pay in equality with bin men. Who the fook decided that they were equal jobs?
    Political correctness gone mad. AGAIN.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Surely if they want the same money they should have to win 3 sets.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
      Surely if they want the same money they should have to win 3 sets.
      Or play naked?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        Or play naked?
        Yeah I guess that would be acceptable ;-)
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          Or play naked?
          Ummm... must go for a break now.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
            Ummm... must go for a break now.
            Is it the thought of Lindsay Davenport in the buff?

http://images.scotsman.com/2005/07/03/03davb.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...venport203.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
              Women to be paid the same as men at Wimbledon.

This realy annoys me.
              Women want equality, which I totaly agree with, but they never want to do the hard bit that accounts for the difference in the first place.

Why not just have one Wimbledon champion and let them all play for it? If women are equal then surely they can win it?
              There is a bloody difference and they should accept it.
              Same with those dinner ladies getting back pay in equality with bin men. Who the fook decided that they were equal jobs?
              Political correctness gone mad. AGAIN.
              Emily Wilding Davison would be so proud that she didn't die in vain and society has come so far... I think not.
              Last edited by gingerjedi; 22 February 2007, 11:25. Reason: fleetwood error
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                I must admit the thought of kournikova in the 'buff' does sound appealing though.

http://www.kournikova.com/photos/slides/pic19.jpg

Comment

Are there any women that want to make a comment? ...But then again don’t bother I doubt 'The Lone Gunman' would take you seriously anyway.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                    Emily Wilding Davison would be so proud that she didn't die in vain and society has come so far... I think not.
                    Ms Davison and other ladies of her persuasion wanted equal rights for women. Including equal pay for equal work.
                    What is being asked for today is higher pay for equal work or higher pay for less work.
                    The men at Wimbledon have to play best of 5 sets and face srving speeds well in excess of what the women face.
                    My proposal of one champion (that goes for any sport) would give Ms Davison exactly what she wanted.

If there is a difference between the sexes then accept it in all parts of life, if there is equality then let us fight for it in all parts.

You think, not!
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X