• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IoW Festival

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IoW Festival

Oh yes - got me tickets!!

3 days of utter carnage....
    Call the cops

Nice one.. have always fancied that one and it'd be handy as I live in Bournemouth so not too far to trek.

But already hoping to go to Glasto and V this year so don't think i'd get away with another!

Comment

Originally posted by swissmike
      Nice one.. have always fancied that one and it'd be handy as I live in Bournemouth so not too far to trek.

But already hoping to go to Glasto and V this year so don't think i'd get away with another!
      I can't make Glasto this year, so opted for IoW -went last year, was pretty cool form my very hazy recollections...
      Call the cops

Comment

I'll be looking to take my kids back to Glasto this year. We went in 2005 and had a ball, even though they're only young.

Whats more, they're free at Glasto, unlike the IoW, where they are over £60 each, even for my 5 year old!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
          Oh yes - got me tickets!!

3 days of utter carnage....
          Excellent, I've been every year since it restarted in 2002 and usually its a good atmosphere with none of the shenanigans you get with other festivals, but last year because there was no Glastonbury it was way to busy and there was loads of the little thieving gits ruining it for the majority, hopefully it will be business as usual this year
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

i might be working a falafel stall at glasto this year..... get the contracts while you can!
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
              i might be working a falafel stall at glasto this year..... get the contracts while you can!

Hmmm... 2 litre bottle of pear cider and a falafel

Sets you up for the hour!

Comment

Remember seeing Hendrix there and Hawkwind played outside in protest as it wasn't a free festival anymore....
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
                  Remember seeing Hendrix there and Hawkwind played outside in protest as it wasn't a free festival anymore....
                  Yeah me too. 1970.

Last act on Monday morning as I went off to the station was Ritchie Havens. Got ferry across and train to London, went out to see Woodstock. First act on the film was Ritchie Havens. Good continuity there.
                  God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Whose playing? Would love to see The Killers live

Comment

Working...
                    X