• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First time contractor, overseas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time contractor, overseas

Hi,
    I am a first time contractor with a contract in France (beginning in a month). Could anyone advise me in a good management company (in France or in UK) working with contractors overseas ?
    My daily rate is 350 euros. How much could I expect as monthly income (excluding tax) ? (I am a French resident).
    Anyone contracting in France could tell me about his experience ?
    Any help will be really appreciated !
    Thanks !

350 a day is not a lot, but then contractors are underpaid in France, which is why I don't work there, despite living there.

There are various companies that can help with "arrangements" but the French tax authorities are very wary of them and tend to regard any payment from outside la belle France as potentially dodgy.

French corporation tax has come down recently, so I think a EURL may be the right thing, if you insist on doing everthing by the book. As the first employee of the company, your normally horrendous " charges sociales" would be reduced considerably. See your comptable.

Alternatively, leave France, or say you have, and bill via a Luxembourg-registered company.

F in "Qu'ils aillent tous se faire foutre" mode

Comment

Working...
    X