• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hmrc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmrc

Who here has actually been investigated regarding IR35? and did you win?
    Call the cops

Originally posted by freakydancer
    Who here has actually been investigated regarding IR35? and did you win?
    I'm being investigated now Its a right laugh!!!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

What exactly are they doing?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        Give us a blog on this Sal, we would all like to know the form. PM Scots pine and ask him to give you a sticky for it.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Really? can you elaborate at all?
          Call the cops

Comment

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

So far: -

They contacted me about 9 months ago to say they were investigting my travel and subsistance claims. I had to send the whole years records, all receipts, explainations for all receipts, explanations of my personal fincancial circumstances (including personal bank details, credit cards, etc etc)

The full up the butt check basically.

They said they'd be back to me in 2 months, but I only actually heard this week.

They've looked at everything and they are disputing all my expenses. I was working away in Manchester, and they are deeming the job not to be temporary, therefore all expenses shouldn't be claimed for.

SJD reckon this is all heading towards IR35 and whether I was classed as a permanent employee or not.

I've got to write back to them today and argue that it was a temporary stint, and I wasn't an employee.

Just see how it goes I guess.
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

So far: -

They contacted me about 9 months ago to say they were investigting my travel and subsistance claims. I had to send the whole years records, all receipts, explainations for all receipts, explanations of my personal fincancial circumstances (including personal bank details, credit cards, etc etc)

The full up the butt check basically.

They said they'd be back to me in 2 months, but I only actually heard this week.

They've looked at everything and they are disputing all my expenses. I was working away in Manchester, and they are deeming the job not to be temporary, therefore all expenses shouldn't be claimed for.

SJD reckon this is all heading towards IR35 and whether I was classed as a permanent employee or not.

I've got to write back to them today and argue that it was a temporary stint, and I wasn't an employee.

Just see how it goes I guess.
              mmm how long were you at htat gig for, I've been here for just over two years now! but under two different companies and one unbrella company...
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

Sally are you drawing a low sallary?
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I was there for 15 months in total.

And I was on minimum wage, with 2k divvies each month.
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

I was there for 15 months in total.

And I was on minimum wage, with 2k divvies each month.
                    I have yet to hear of someone being investigated who wasn't taking minimum wage.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X