• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

My contract says all the right things to put me outside IR35 ie MOO, control, substitution etc....however, there are certain parts of my role that I guess would be inside IR35.

Should I declare myself inside or outside?
    Call the cops

Originally posted by freakydancer
    however, there are certain parts of my role that I guess would be inside IR35.

Can you provide some examples freakyd?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
      Can you provide some examples freakyd?
      Aside from project work, if there is a major support incident they ask me to assist, whcih I am happy to do. Also, due to the location of the equipment I work on, I am required to work on site.
      Call the cops

Comment

Get it reviewed then if it passes get insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl
          Get it reviewed then if it passes get insurance.
          The wording of the contract itself is fine
          Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
            Also, due to the location of the equipment I work on, I am required to work on site.
            They are not telling you to work on site by way of control, there is no other way to do your job. I wouldn't see that as a pointer.

Not sure about these 'additional activities' though. Could you get your contact changed to reflect both and invoice as a separate line item.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
              Not sure about these 'additional activities' though. Could you get your contact changed to reflect both and invoice as a separate line item.
              I doubt it. Will check if I can though.
              Call the cops

Comment

Working...
              X