• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zimbabwe comes to Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zimbabwe comes to Britain

Received this in the post today:

"Dear Sir /Madam
    Based on information provided to mein 2006 ,Council records inidacte that the above property has been vacant since 13/04/2004

The Council is concerned about long-term empty houses in the Borough and wishes to facilitate their re-use at the earliest opportunity

I enclose a a copy of the leaflet 'empty property solutions for Home Owners'

Blah Blah....

Option1: Housing Management

Option 2: Housing Management and Maintenance

Option 3: Short to medium term lease

Option 4: Sale of empty property (to their housing association)
    It's empty because I am making more money on capital appreciation than letting it to some student/third world asylum seeker
    Immoral so what feck em!!

Time to raise the drawbridges and do a passport to Pimlico!
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Is it so tulipe that you can't let it to a normal person?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Option 5: Get out of my country, you bloody wage-earner.

"All your houses are belong to us." - tony blair.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
        Option 5: Get out of my country, you bloody wage-earner.

"All your houses are belong to us." - tony blair.

Make your time...

Comment

No more basic than that

Because its empty you aren't paying as much council tax.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
            Is it so tulipe that you can't let it to a normal person?
            It needs a fair bit of work doing to it - some of which is structural - for some reason ( I think it's to do with the glut of Grand Design type TV programs) properties needing work seem to attract a premium.

Really it's appreciating so much just sitting there it's better than having shares or cash on deposit! and it's less hassle than dealing with letting agencies etc.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran
              Because its empty you aren't paying as much council tax.
              Indeed - .... but why should an empty property pay any council tax? What services is it using?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                Indeed - .... but why should an empty property pay any council tax? What services is it using?
                Police and fire services on standby.

Plus the wages of all those inspectors going round looking for empty properties.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                  Police and fire services on standby.

Plus the wages of all those inspectors going round looking for empty properties.
                  Aren't Police & Fire services centrally funded?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                    Aren't Police & Fire services centrally funded?
                    Not sure. I seem to remember them being listed every time the local council writes to me justifying their latest tax hike. Perhaps they are pretending to fund them.

Comment

Working...
                    X