• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Documenting Stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documenting Stuff

I am starting a contract on Monday. I'll be reviewing systems and making some changes. Of course they want it all documenting. I am trying to figure out if there is a standard or accepted practise for documenting stuff. i.e. is it enough just to create a folder with subolders containing various word docs with the changes in. Or should it be by date order or something else.
    Anyone used onenote to document stuff.

Any ideas and advice gratefully accepted

thanks
    ICW

Originally posted by icw
    I am starting a contract on Monday. I'll be reviewing systems and making some changes. Of course they want it all documenting. I am trying to figure out if there is a standard or accepted practise for documenting stuff. i.e. is it enough just to create a folder with subolders containing various word docs with the changes in. Or should it be by date order or something else.
    Anyone used onenote to document stuff.

Any ideas and advice gratefully accepted

thanks
    ICW
    You sure your not out of your depth doing this?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      You sure your not out of your depth doing this?

Comment

Thanks for your help guys

Comment

Have you looked at MSF???
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Kramer. It's not anything high level and it's not software development. It's just changing a few data entry practises and ways in which they use a particular software.

Comment

They've probably got a method / document format they like, so it'll be easier to just follow on from that.
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Thanks

Comment

And don't forget your version control, obv...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

ffs its only documentation

Comment

Working...
                    X