• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Co law changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Co law changes

Have people taken any action regarding the changes in Company law?

“E-mail communications, faxes and company websites must now state company information that up to January 1 has only been required on hard copy correspondence and order forms."

I guess I need to update my email signature.......!!
    Last edited by Mustang; 23 February 2007, 11:47.

what do you mean by company information ??
    do you mean company reg no and its registered address ??

Comment

That's what I understand it to be. See article on CUK.

Comment

I've just had a go at Vigin Media because their website does not comply. They say that they don't know about this regulation.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
          I've just had a go at Vigin Media because their website does not comply.
          That's a bit anal isn't it?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I received a "spam" fax about this a few weeks ago.. checked with Trading Standards & Business Link... They didn't know anything either.

Big question is regarding agencies - when one responds to a entry on for example jobserve, by email, sending one's CV to the agency, is this deemed to be personal (it's my CV, not the companies) or business, in which case should the CV not be the companies CV, excluding anything about me personally)?

I accept that once the contract is awarded, it is the company which works with the agency, discussing terms etc, and these are obviously "Business emails".

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
              That's a bit anal isn't it?

Nop. I was just p1ssed off with the lack of contact info on their website.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang
                Have people taken any action regarding the changes in Company law?

“E-mail communications, faxes and company websites must now state company information that up to January 1 has only been required on hard copy correspondence and order forms."

I guess I need to update my email signature.......!!

I hate to sound smug, but I've been doing this for at least two years. My e-mails also have a disclaimer which I appropriated from a 'corporates' e-mail signature.
                It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

My emails have always had a disclaimer too. Have now updated them to have the Co bits.

Comment

Working...
                  X