• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Travel Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Travel Insurance

4 days work in Germany next week. Not worked abroad since becoming a contractor.

Anyone know a good place for Business travel insurance? Would anyone else bother for such a short trip?

thanks

Not if I had my EHIC.

tim

Comment

Indeed EHIC + normal insurance that covers any business equipment that you take along.

Comment

Remember, the EHIC only entitles you to the same treatment as a local would get, i.e. does not gurantee you won't have to pay up front and even then it may not be reclaimable.

Comment

Yes I'd bother, and yes I'm covered, by Tesco, who do a Business travel insurance, my quote for the year was about £65 - well worth it, from getting a laptop stolen or having a accident in a taxi.
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
            Remember, the EHIC only entitles you to the same treatment as a local would get, i.e. does not gurantee you won't have to pay up front and even then it may not be reclaimable.
            This is not an issue in Germany.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
              This is not an issue in Germany.

tim
              Possibly not on paper, but in practice maybe. Just before Christmas a friend of mine was involved in a non-life threatening accident while working on business there (he got printing ink in his eye) and was taken to hospital. He had his EHIC card but they refused to treat him without evidence of some additional insurance. In the absence of this he had to get the credit card out. Sure enough they gave him a form to reclaim the money, but it was strictly cash upfront for non-locals.

Comment

Working...
              X