• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New York Hotels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New York Hotels

Any of you guys know of any good sites for cheap hotels in NYC?
    I have tried hotels.com, expedia, lastminute.
    I can't seem to find any cheaper than £120/night.
    I am sure I have paid less than this on previous trips there.
    I am going over easter hols though. I am not to arsed at 120/night but I have friends and family coming over as well ( I am getting married in Central Park ) and they aren't all contractors!!

Do you reckon the prices will go down nearer the time?

Ahhhhhhhhh - thats so romantic!!!!!!!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by theemeestroo
      Any of you guys know of any good sites for cheap hotels in NYC?
      I have tried hotels.com, expedia, lastminute.
      I can't seem to find any cheaper than £120/night.
      I am sure I have paid less than this on previous trips there.
      I am going over easter hols though. I am not to arsed at 120/night but I have friends and family coming over as well ( I am getting married in Central Park ) and they aren't all contractors!!

Do you reckon the prices will go down nearer the time?
      Not really 120 is cheap for New York, especially during a holiday season.

Comment

Cheers SA. I proposed in Central Park as well. Hence getting married there.

I have no desire for a big wedding nor to fork out £20K+ for everyone else to enjoy themselves!! And as SA knows, we have big families oop north (my mum was 1 of 12!!, and they aren't catholics!!). If people are coming they are paying their own way.

I recommend it actually. No stress, booked and planned in about 2 weeks. And you get a nice holiday while there as well. Plus the rings are soooo much cheaper. I got engagement ring there and saved a fortune

I think you are right boredsenseless. If people don't want to pay too much they can always stay near Newark airport. Nice hotels there for £45 / night. Only 20 mins on the train to Penn station from there.

Comment

When I went to New York I stayed in the Belnord Hotel on West 87th Street by Central Park sandwiched in between Broadway and Amsterdam Ave - http://tinyurl.com/e774d

It was pretty basic at around $120 per night (yes that's $ not £) and it seems to get mixed reviews, but I found it excellent for the price - and you can't fault it's location. It's right near the 86th Street/Broadway subway, and there's a fantastic diner round the corner on Broadway. Also, I can't forget the legendary Dead Poet - http://www.thedeadpoet.com/home.html - which is round the corner the other way on Amsterdam.
          Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Cheers Cowboy.
            I'll check that place out tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by theemeestroo
              Cheers SA. I proposed in Central Park as well. Hence getting married there.

I have no desire for a big wedding nor to fork out £20K+ for everyone else to enjoy themselves!! And as SA knows, we have big families oop north (my mum was 1 of 12!!, and they aren't catholics!!). If people are coming they are paying their own way.

I recommend it actually. No stress, booked and planned in about 2 weeks. And you get a nice holiday while there as well. Plus the rings are soooo much cheaper. I got engagement ring there and saved a fortune

I think you are right boredsenseless. If people don't want to pay too much they can always stay near Newark airport. Nice hotels there for £45 / night. Only 20 mins on the train to Penn station from there.
              Ah thats so lovely - I bet your girl was chuffed to bits Thats a story for life!!

I've been looking at wedding venues myself this morning - it's a right pain in the backside. Think I'll just stay engaged!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                Ah thats so lovely - I bet your girl was chuffed to bits Thats a story for life!!

I've been looking at wedding venues myself this morning - it's a right pain in the backside. Think I'll just stay engaged!
                Can you get wedding dresses in your size?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Helmsley Hotel was quite good, very close to the Chrysler Building so very central.
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                    Really. How hard is a church / hotel to find for a semi-religous / civil ceremony.

Comment

Working...
                    X