• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ffffffing Indian Call Centres

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ffffffing Indian Call Centres

Twice yesterday and three times this morning I keep getting rung up. As it happens I missed four of them but it always leaves a number to phone. 08456306967 and says its the bank/utility company.

Anyway I caught the last one and it's automatic saying it Lloyds TSB and asking if I am Mr Fitzsimmons, who happens to be the bloke who had the house over 4 years ago!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I phone back and it says, do not attempt to login in further if you are not Mr Fitzsimmons as this is illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I eventually get through to any Indian who asks if I am the aforesaid gentlemen and if I am he. When I say no! She says, Oh you should not have attempted to come through!!!!!

I reply rather pissed off that it is 4+ years since this guy left and they are hassling me. She then goes, what is your name and your address on this telephone number and then I can take you off!!!!

You tell me I asked. Oh I cannot do that, you must tell me. Data Protection act!!!!!!!!!!!! I told her in no uncertain terms to take me off the autodialer.

FFS!!!!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I've spoken to two of them today. One called Justin and one called Mary. Yeah right!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
      I've spoken to two of them today. One called Justin and one called Mary. Yeah right!
      I've spoken to a "Simon" today, although his english was clearer than most, he still had a heavy Indian accent. I didn't realise that Simon was that common a name in India. My query was a bit complicated so I was soon transferred to someone in Scotland.

Comment

"query was a bit complicated so I was soon transferred to someone in Scotland."

To a jock called Gupta.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
          "query was a bit complicated so I was soon transferred to someone in Scotland."

To a jock called Gupta.

Hey, if you sound Scottish, then you are Scottish in my book. The first time I went to a Chinese restaurant in Scotland was quite a surprise. The waiters looked chinese, but they sounded scottish. It took a while for me to sort that out in my head but for me, that makes them scottish.

But I have never been to a curry house in Scotland so i don't know if there are Indians there with scottish accents.
          Last edited by Gonzo; 24 February 2007, 23:05.

Comment

I've been to a curry house in Sweden (Gothenburg) and the lads there spoke English with a Swedish accent.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
              My query was a bit complicated so I was soon transferred to someone in Scotland.
              Was that Sky by chance? They usually transfer you from India to somebody in Glasgow you've got even less chance of understanding.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Just cancelled my broadband and at first got through to an English speaking person, then when I was redirected to 'cancellations', It sounded like I was talking to someone in Africa. I could barely hear - let alone understand - them.
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                  ... It sounded like I was talking to someone in Africa. I could barely hear - let alone understand - them.
                  Just remember this in the next few months when you are trying to get by in Dutch...

Padinka
                  I'm not so think as you drunk I am...

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                    Just cancelled my broadband and at first got through to an English speaking person, then when I was redirected to 'cancellations', It sounded like I was talking to someone in Africa. I could barely hear - let alone understand - them.
                    They probably had no clue either. Broadband doesn't exist in Africa yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X