• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin Media

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin Media

I currently have cable tv at home - was ntl but now virgin media. Soon all the sky channels could dissappear from Virgin Media as Sky and Virgin cannot agree a price. This would mean Virgin cable customers would lose Sky one, sky sports and sky movies, basically all the premium channels that make it worth having Cable. Me thinks Virgin are proper fooked here. If they don't pay what Sky want then they risk loosing their customers in droves. On every ad break on Sky One at the moment Sky are highlighting the fact that cable customers could lose these Sky channels and offering them special deals to switch. Could this force Virgin Media out of business?

I think you will find that they will only disappear from the 'Basics' package. A little bit of harmless exaggeration by Virgin will do no harm though.

Comment

As a massive fan of "Lost", I will be extremely pissed off should Virgin Media **** it all up and ditch Sky One.
      Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNamor
        I currently have cable tv at home - was ntl but now virgin media. Soon all the sky channels could dissappear from Virgin Media as Sky and Virgin cannot agree a price. This would mean Virgin cable customers would lose Sky one, sky sports and sky movies, basically all the premium channels that make it worth having Cable. Me thinks Virgin are proper fooked here. If they don't pay what Sky want then they risk loosing their customers in droves. On every ad break on Sky One at the moment Sky are highlighting the fact that cable customers could lose these Sky channels and offering them special deals to switch. Could this force Virgin Media out of business?
        As a fellow Virgin Media customer. It is Sky One, Sky Sports news that will be going and the blame for this is squarely with Sky. Just witness those ads. It is getting people to switch. Virgin own Flextech who produce Channels such as Challenge, Living, Trouble and Bravo. Sky have forced Virgin to take a 75% drop on the fee that they get for these channels.

At the same time it wants to double the cost of the basic channels. The thing is in analyisingthe BARB ratings for Sky one it is actually getting less of the audience than before and declining. Just witness the number of repeats on Sky One. Lost, 24, Bones, Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis are all repeated within 1 week of originally been shown.

Comment

I just down load the episode of the series I'm interested the morning after it is shown in the US.
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

[QUOTE=PrinceNamor Could this force Virgin Media out of business?[/QUOTE]

i doubt it. i'm a virgin media customer and have no interest in any of the sky stuff that i have access to. i expect i am not alone.

Comment

You'll find it is the basic stuff, and you should still get all the premium channels, i.e. sky sports 1,2,3, movies etc...with Virgin Media

Sky have been very bold recently and I think the next six to nine months will determine how well Virgin Media deal with this and whether Sky reap any reqards from customer defects...

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNamor
                Frankly my dear IDGAD. I want BBC4, BBC News 24, and Planet Rock. Sky can go hang. Premium schmemium.
                God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Quite funny advertising!

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/fairplay/index.html
                  l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    All of which (apart from Planet Rock I'd assume) are available free to air on satellite.

Using a box & dish from Lidl.

Plus all variations of BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, with BBC3 and ITV 2, 3, and 4 thrown in.

C4 and 5 are encrypted which is a bitch.
                    Planet Rock is on FTA sat too. But now we use this which pretty well gets whatever radio you want.
                    God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
                    X