• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Penalised!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Penalised!

This morning, i stupidly forgot to renew my weekly travel card.

At my station the attendent checked my card and let me through. When i arrived at London Euston the attendent checked and said i had to pay a penalty fine!!!!??

See poll above to vote for my chances of getting the fine revoked.
    Ultimately it is my responsibility, so they will tell me to get fukced!
    78.79%
    The attendent should have informed me to renew my travel card before i got on the train!!!
    21.21%

Bugger the travel card! (not literally Jaws!)

I want to hear the latest installment of Duder dates!!

The pope is a tard.

Comment

You've got no chance

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        Bugger the travel card! (not literally Jaws!)

I want to hear the latest installment of Duder dates!!

Not much going on really. No dates. No women. Still no sex.

Comment

Last time I had something similar I just bought my own train.

threaded.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            Last time I had something similar I just bought my own train.

threaded.
            twat. go back to denmark or wherever you are from

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
              This morning, i stupidly forgot to renew my weekly travel card.

At my station the attendent checked my card and let me through. When i arrived at London Euston the attendent checked and said i had to pay a penalty fine!!!!??

See poll above to vote for my chances of getting the fine revoked.
              It is your responsibility to make sure you have a valid ticket.
              However, you could claim "entrapment" if you showed your ticket and they did not inform you it was invalid. Proof may be the key.

IANAL
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
                Not much going on really. No dates. No women. Still no sex.

Well its your own fault for putting your stupid plan B ahead of a night out with RH and co.

He would have got you tapped off with his smooth Darlo patter
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                  It is your responsibility to make sure you have a valid ticket.
                  However, you could claim "entrapment" if you showed your ticket and they did not inform you it was invalid. Proof may be the key.

IANAL
                  My letter of dispute.

On the morning of Mon 26th Feb 2007, I had my travel card checked and approved at xxxxx station by the morning attendant. When my travel card was again checked at my destination London Euston; I was informed that my weekly travel card had expired.

I offered to pay the full fare for my journey, stating that a simple mistake had been made. Instead I was told I had to pay a penalty fine?

I pay for my weekly travel card every week. It is in my interest to get to and from work everyday. I appreciate ultimately it is my responsibility, but had I been informed by the attendant at xxxxx station, as I had been at London Euston, this matter would have been resolved before I boarded the train.

Therefore, I do not see that a penalty charge for ‘deliberate fare dodging’ is appropriate in this instance.

I ask you to waive the fine unnecessarily issued to me on Mon 26th Feb 2007

Kind regards,

el Duder.

Comment

When I was contracting in London I was intentionally not buying tickets to show off that I can afford daily fines.

threaded.

Comment

Working...
                    X