• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents cold calling the office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents cold calling the office

I've just had an agent call me at the clients claiming to be from the microsoft marketing department offering freebies and is there anyone else I know who would want one. I frickin fell for it!!! Not happy, nor is the client. Watch out for this. Man I hate agents!!!!

Originally posted by FishedIN
    I've just had an agent call me at the clients claiming to be from the microsoft marketing department offering freebies and is there anyone else I know who would want one. I frickin fell for it!!! Not happy, nor is the client. Watch out for this. Man I hate agents!!!!

We only have temporary staff busnesses in poland for low paid workers. mr milan would enjoy poland

Comment

what is your problem with it? and how do you know it wasnt genuine? and how is what agents do that is so much worse than what most large corporates do to obntain business? (from which you are happy to accept a nice little living).

Do I smell hypocrisy here?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I'm just sore that I fell for this tactic in front of my client. I don't hate agents - It's just embarrassing!
        Last edited by FishedIN; 26 February 2007, 15:45.

Comment

I'm just saw that I fell for this tactic in front of my client. I don't hate agents - It's just embarrassing!
          at least you are man enough to admit it
          How did you work out who they really were?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

They didn't ask for any address information to send the "goodies" to, they were sketchy about what exactly it was they were sending and if they were genuine then they would have been contacting the purchasing manager / lead dev instead of a contractor. Man - the more I think about it the worse it gets. You live and learn.

Comment

I've had agents call me a few times at a different clients sites, they claim 'somebody' told them I was the person to speak to and when I tell them im a contractor they act all surprised and ask if I know who to speak to!

Shameless!

Comment

Originally posted by dotnetter
                I've had agents call me a few times at a different clients sites, they claim 'somebody' told them I was the person to speak to and when I tell them im a contractor they act all surprised and ask if I know who to speak to!

Shameless!
                why is it shameless??? it is called hustling for business, all enterprises do it in one way or another. And the great thing about it from your point of view is that the market is coming to you without you having to lift a finger. Had the original poster had his wits about him then I am sure he could have "sold" the information the blagger was looking for.

Comment

It's shameless because it's not going through the proper channels. Had any of my clients asked how the agency got my DESK phone number It could have been seen to them they got it from my CV somehow. i.e. looked up my current job place, randomly phoned up the switchboard and asked for my name, just to try and get a contact name out of me so he can place more contractors in there.

Hardly any benefit for me there

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                    Come of DA, 'fess up' - it was you, wasn't it!
                    i have betteer things to do such as keeping you lot honest

Comment

Working...
                    X