• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I do not give a cr@p about your

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not give a cr@p about your

minor medical problems

daughter's kids playing up

neighbour's fence

etc....

Why do permies (and some contractors) want to tell me about this drivel

are you complaining about the quality of posts or co-workers?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

It's called 'making conversation' it is part of 'social interaction' the thing that happens to enable 'team working'.

HTH

threaded in 'management consultant' mode
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
        are you complaining about the quality of posts or co-workers?

co-workers. I can choose to read posts on here or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
          minor medical problems

daughter's kids playing up

neighbour's fence

etc....

Why do permies (and some contractors) want to tell me about this drivel

I wish some permie would moan on to me - I'm bored out of my tiny mind
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            my tiny mind
            you are a girl after all
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              It's called 'making conversation' it is part of 'social interaction' the thing that happens to enable 'team working'.

HTH

threaded in 'management consultant' mode

I enjoy office banter as much as the next chappy but I don't want to hear about your 'problems at the doctors'

Pondlife in 'haven't you got a powerpoint presentation to do' mode

Comment

Oh yes, I can play this game but I avoid it if at all possible. Even people asking about your weekend have no interest, they want to tell you about theirs - yawn. Worse is return from holiday, a standard - excellent but it's good to be back (include wry grin) puts most off, but you still get a few pushing for more/boring the spuds off you with tales of theirs.
                Exception to this is at the start of meetings/service reviews - always try to have a brief chat unrelated to the meeting - football, diy, journey there - anything really, breaks the ice and really helps to reduce confrontation later on.
                HTH

Comment

I always find discussing that fish that swims up your willy is a great way to break the ice with someone you don't know.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Man I need a new tooth brush, such a problem dont know which one to go for.

Also I had sausage and mash for dinner, mash a bit crap, I put some pepper on it to spice it up.

Comment

Working...
                    X