• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freeview - Anyone know....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeview - Anyone know....

[remove]
    Last edited by Denny; 12 May 2007, 20:46.

which receiver box do you have, they are all different
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Try restarting the box (i.e. unplug for an hour) and go from there.

Comment

I agree with socky.

Most boxes get updates for listings, sometimes software via the ether. It regularly ****s up. Reboot. You may need to re-tune too.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
          I've got a Sony box. I got it about 18 months ago for about 90 quid or thereabouts. It was considered the best on the market at the time.

Thanks
          I have one of those. As I said above. Try selecting the update software option too.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

I can get all the sh1te channels on freeview qvc etc perfectly but cannot get bbc1 or ITV !!

Anybody else have this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
              Thanks for your advice SP and TLG. It worked. Now I can see in more detail that the entire list of programmes are still tulipe and not worth watching.

That's what I call value added advice
              HTH

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Im still using an On-Digital box, that never had any listings AFAIK.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

If you are doing without sky/have realised that it's a joke/all the good stuff gets to freeview eventually, suggest you get a Humax 9200T PVR. It's basically a sky+ box for freeview. You create your own tv channel, spool through the 7-day epg clicking on anything that you like. After that, you never watch a programme live again, just select from the list of stored progs (up to 100 hrs), fast click through adverts etc You can 'chase watch' stuff that's recording and you can record 2 channels and watch a third (or a stored prog) at the same time - it's bloody brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                  X