• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I don't plan posting here again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't plan posting here again

Yes I know - "and the difference will be what, precisely?"

Last friday I started a thread called something like "Unisex toilets have their downside", in which I related an incident that occurred to me at a client site that day, and within half an hour the thread had disappeared without a trace.

It's true the incident was pretty gross by anyone's standards, and one reply I saw seemed to go a bit downhill even from there, but my post was genuinely meant to be informative with a bit of humour thrown in.

What pisses me right off was the dismissive and arrogant way the moderators deleted it without a word of explanation - a quick PM or email at least would have been good manners, especially as I have been a regular here for several years.

Anyway, cheers everyone, and best of luck..

P.S. You may see my name on the logged in list, because I like the banter and interesting links, but hereafter I'm saying nowt.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot
    Yes I know - "and the difference will be what, precisely?"

Last friday I started a thread called something like "Unisex toilets have their downside", in which I related an incident that occurred to me at a client site that day, and within half an hour the thread had disappeared without a trace.

It's true the incident was pretty gross by anyone's standards, and one reply I saw seemed to go a bit downhill even from there, but my post was genuinely meant to be informative with a bit of humour thrown in.

What pisses me right off was the dismissive and arrogant way the moderators deleted it without a word of explanation - a quick PM or email at least would have been good manners, especially as I have been a regular here for several years.

Anyway, cheers everyone, and best of luck..

P.S. You may see my name on the logged in list, because I like the banter and interesting links, but hereafter I'm saying nowt.
    Come on now, don't be like that, this forum needs you.

Comment

What pisses me right off was the dismissive and arrogant way the moderators deleted it without a word of explanation -.
      well if the mods are contractors what else do you expect?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Wuss.

Whatever you say just don't mention fisting or this thread will also disappear, it would be kind of ironic...

Comment

Yeah, some moderation can be a bit dubious
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

I've been annoyed by over moderation here before. But on the whole I think they get it about right.

It annoys me most when I'm 1/2 way through an (obviously) brilliant reply to something vaguely offensive and my words are wasted.

Anyway, I did read the unisex toilet story and thought it was amusing/disturbing but it read as if you wrote it while pissed.

It's only a forum FFS, so just get over it and carry on posting. If having a post moderated is really such a big deal then I'd have been gone a long time ago (bring back pictures in TPD).

Anyway, what's your house worth? If you were kidnapped by Colombian terroristas would you try to escape or use your time to create a SKA even though the latency may kill you? Do you believe that Chico is really the second cuming (sp?) of Lucifer? Is Sandy really Supreme Spod in a dress? Does Xoggoth drink freshly squeezed slug juice for breakfast?

I think we should be told.

Comment

Don't go owl hoot. I liked your post. Any post about female bodily functions is ok with me. If I had my way CUK would never contain any other sort.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 26 February 2007, 21:52.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Don't go Owl. I like your stuff.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Thanks for the support guys. OK, sulk over and back to business as usual.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Thanks for the support guys. OK, sulk over and back to business as usual.
                    Good man.

Would miss your avatar if nothing else!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X