• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting a bit worried about my first @#%$

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a bit worried about my first @#%$

I have been offered my first contract and have decided to go through Parasol (Rhino, I put you as my referrer) for this. However it's been 2 weeks and I haven't personally signed anything, is this because Parasol sign it on my behalf? I'm getting confused because they are telling me that my agency should send me a contract for me to sign, however my agency is telling me that their agreement is with Parasol, so they issue a contract to Parasol (which they have sent me a copy of), who then sign it for me and send me a copy. Does this sound right? It does make sense I suppose, I just haven't received anything yet from Parasol and I don't want to be in one of those "turn up on first day and be told sorry no contract" type situations!...

If you operate through an umbrella company then you are their PAYE employee and the contracts are between client-agency and agency-umbrella.

You have a copy of the agency-umbrella and the agency would not have issued that without having the client-agency one in place.

Relax.

Comment

Contracts

Some agency contracts need just the ltd company (in your case Parasol) to sign and others need both the ltd company and you to sign.

You need to check with Parasol to see if they have received the contract or not. You don't want to be starting work without seeing what you have agreed too!

Comment

Re: Contracts

gone

Comment

Thanks for the replies fellas. I suppose its just first time nerves. You hear these agency horror stories and it gets you at it a bit. Fiddleabout, what do you mean by 'gone'?...

Comment

I removed the post - it was a comment accusing rooney of not reading your post properly - then I realised that I hadn't read it properly myself

Comment

Working...
            X