• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where did all the money go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did all the money go

Did anybody watch this last night on Ch4 - Gave NL a kicking at every opportunity. Also had Hewitt on to defend NL and the handling of the NHS. She promised that she would resign if trusts were in deficit in 12 months time. That 12 monthys runs out next month and loads are still in deficit.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Didn't see the programme but it sounds like I should have done! I am sure Hewitt will weasle out of the resignation - she is NL after all!!

Comment

Her comment was amazing. When asking her about this resignation thing she launched into a bit about this being a slur on all those hard working people in the NHS. She really is a truly horrible person - who could find it in themselves to vote for her?
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I watched it.

She needs a really really really good stabity stab stab stabbing...
        Good idea - quick stabbitty stab - NHS hospital - MRSA - end of problem. And who says stabbing doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
          That 12 monthys runs out next month and loads are still in deficit.
          She claims that she meant whole of NHS on aggregate won't have deficit - so those non-deficit hospitals still need to cut back and delay operations to ensure they get even higher proficit in order to keep her job.

I am sure she will succeed and get promotion because she would have done a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            She claims that she meant whole of NHS on aggregate won't have deficit
            The words 'Eel' and 'slippery' come to mind...
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Patricia Hewitt

or Patricia Blewitt!

Everytime that woman is on the telly I have a sudden urge to throw something at it. I have now had to ensure that no hard object is close to hand. Which means the wife gets the remote.

I still remember being asked who that thick woman was by one person who does not follow politics that much. Still what do you expect from the ex Research director for Andersons.

Comment

She made one point where previously in the NHS, under the Tories, if a hospital ran out of cash then operations would be cancelled and waiting times went up. Isn't that what we are facing now? Hospitals are being told to stop operations and are implementing a minimum waiting list.

She also said in the case of Radiographers (sp?) that there was a world wide shortage. The interviewer hit back stating that we have just trained loads of them but that the trusts can't afford to employ them.

PFI came in for a kicking also. 'Gordon Brown likes PFI because it makes him look prudent as it keeps the costs off the books.'

It's a shame that nobody saw it. That booking system which was supposed to cost a couple of billion but is now expected to cost £12,300,000,000 also got a hefty mention. A system which already can't cope and which only accounts for 35% of all the bookings at present.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

It's a black hole, everything goes in, little comes out. Heard some analyst talking one time, said just this - people can't imagine the scale of the NHS, it is capable of absorbing 10x the current revenue and producing negligible improvements in return. Forget other countries 'spending more' their whole health care model is different and capable of responding to this spending.
                  1 - Charge people £10 to see their GP's - many people can claim it back etc but it focuses the mind on attending the appointment - this works well in France and reduces waste.
                  2 - Encourage those who can - to pay for private medicine. This isn't two-tier service, it reduces the burden on stretched resources while still providing the safety net. A thriving private sector, run on more efficient 'real-world' business principles also provides additional capacity that can be bought by the NHS (at probably cheaper cost than providing it themselves !)
                  3- Break the Consultant's strangle hold - see the Gerry Robinson docu ?
                  Consultants run the place as their own club/fiefdom and set the rules themselves, it's ridiculous.
                  HTH

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg
                    Charge people £10 to see their GP's
                    I've thought for a long time that we should charge to see the Doctor, but make prescriptions free.

That way one thinks twice about going to the Doctors, but if you really need it then you get the medicine.

If you have aches and pains use Ibuprofen or Paracetemol first see if that deals with it.

Got the sniffles. No you have not got the flu you daft pilchard. When you can't move then you might have flu, otherwise go to the Chemist and get Lemsip.

Go to any Doctors and I'm sure the vast majority have no need of a Doctor. Doctors do not have the time to make a proper diagnosis and that means serious conditions are not being found. When my mother went to the Doctor with what turned out to be Cancer she was told she was overweight, the real reason was water accumalating around the cancerous growths. If the Doctor had time maybe he could have made a proper diagnosis and she may be alive now rather than having died at the age of 48.

Comment

Working...
                    X