• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The poor are better off under New Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The poor are better off under New Labour

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...569738,00.html

We all knew that, so the poor are better off and **** the people who try to earn good money!

"He will quote a report saying saying the poorest 20% have seen their incomes increase faster than the wealthiest 20% since Labour came to power."

Probably as a percentage of their overall income. Given the choice of haveing a big percentage increase on a cr@p wage and a small increase on a big on, I know which one I'd rather have!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Blair is right, the worst off have seen their incomes increase faster than the best off.

Mostly because Tony "Robin Hood" Blair has robbed the rich to give to the poor.
      The real Robin Hood robbed the rich because they were ripping off the poor in the first place. This Robin Hood is giving to the poor who are too feckless to go out and work for a living.

He is spinning the obvious again. The pillocks will buy it again.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Well I don't think the country is any better off as a whole so it stands to reason that the better off are now worse off... Funny enough I can't find that speech by TB.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It's the "middle" class that has been penalised by this government, not the wealthiest.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
            It's the "middle" class that has been penalised by this government, not the wealthiest.
            But surely everyone is middle class these days?
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
              But surely everyone is middle class these days?
              Yes..... but there are the earnings based middle classes who should be penalised and the benefits based middle classes who can just sit back and reap the rewards of the earnings based middle class.

HTH.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

No, the poor are not better off under the New Lie. Their real incomes have dropped. It's all smoke and mirrors due to fiddling with the official inflation rate.

What gets me is so many of you believe they are actually receiving more money. They are not! The number on the notes may be bigger, but what it buys is less!

And don't get me started on the number of pensioners who would not be counted as poor if it was not for this New Lie government allowing firms to steal their pension funds, with a small percentage going into party coffers ...
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                  I think the low paid are the ones who have been sold short the most under our caring sharing government. Without an open door immigration policy their wages would of shot up and we wouldn't need tax credits and other handouts to top them up. You'd be really moaning with nobody around to do the shi* jobs for shi* wages.

Comment

One reason they are better off is because they are getting more benefits. The worst thing you can do to someone is give them something for nothing. They resent it anyway
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X