• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any QA/Tester contractors on here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any QA/Tester contractors on here?

Just wondered how easy you find it falling outside of IR35? I think all of my QA jobs will be working at the clients office so I guess that can have a major impact on the whole in or out of IR35.

please wear a flame retardent suit!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

lol I know the whole IR35 thing kicks off a lot but just wondering how people in my job role get round it. I can think for network types its easy to as they can do tests from home etc etc.

Comment

Look 90% of contractors work on clients sites, I certainly do. I opt out of IR35, I have a other clients I work for at weekends/evenings, my contracts are IR35 friendly and thats about it.

If I get investigated then so be it!

I started a ltd company cos I was fed up being raped left right a center by the government just because I work me nuts off to earn a decent living!

Comment

I know plenty of Test Analysts who consider themselves to be outside IR35, myself included.
          I personally know of one who survived an IR35 compliance review.
          Boom boom boom boom
          A-haw haw haw haw
          Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
          Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Working...
          X