• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Migrants to do community service!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrants to do community service!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6399457.stm

Sod that I dont want Ali Akbah picking up crisp packets outside my house!

Last edited by dotnetter; 27 February 2007, 13:39.

dot notter, try again with that url thingy.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Are politicians so dim or are they insulting the intelligence of the electorate with their unworkable headline seeking ideas?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        dot notter, try again with that url thingy.
        oops should be fixed now

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
          Are politicians so dim or are they insulting the intelligence of the electorate with their unworkable headline seeking ideas?
          You presume that politicians credit the populace with any intelligence.

Like the article says, it's been tried several times before and it has never worked.

I guess if the New Lie pump a few million quid of public money into it one of their donors will be able to return the favour in the form of a "loan" to the party.

Comment

So a highly skilled person comes to the UK for work but has to clean graffiti off the walls in his local estate first?

Comment

wasn't there a proposal for the unemployed to do the same? If both are implemented (on the same terms) then I'm all for it. Why just pick on one group of potential spongers?
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Mervalous
                So a highly skilled person comes to the UK for work but has to clean graffiti off the walls in his local estate first?
                Yep too right, and deliver my paper every morning at 7.30am on the dot or their shipped back

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
                  wasn't there a proposal for the unemployed to do the same? If both are implemented (on the same terms) then I'm all for it. Why just pick on one group of potential spongers?
                  What do u mean 'potential' ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mervalous
                    Well, the graffiti cleaning companies are much like us contractors, so don't expect the New Lie to hold back in using any potential opportunity to destroy their businesses.

Comment

Working...
                    X