• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OMG I just got rejected for being over-qualified

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG I just got rejected for being over-qualified

For the first time in my life, and at the ripe old age of 33, I am now over-qualified.

Whatever will I do.

I think actually they meant I was asking for too much money... I got the impression when the "consultancy" called me and spoke with a strong S.Indian accent, that I couldn't even understand.

For a contract?!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

You see, this profession is filled to the brim with unrealistic motherfsckers. Motherfsckers who thought their a55 would age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        For a contract?!
        Yep that's the weird thing. He did mention something about some people in India but I couldn't get his name let alone what he was trying to say, so I just allowed it.

Comment

take it with a pinch of salt... an agent will say anything to get you off the phone without an arguement...

he's just playing to your contractor ego!
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
            For the first time in my life, and at the ripe old age of 33, I am now over-qualified.

Whatever will I do.

I think actually they meant I was asking for too much money... I got the impression when the "consultancy" called me and spoke with a strong S.Indian accent, that I couldn't even understand.
            In other words they thought you were a know all ?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
              take it with a pinch of salt... an agent will say anything to get you off the phone without an arguement...

he's just playing to your contractor ego!
              Oh this wasn't the agent, it was the consultancy he's recruiting for. No one seems to know what's going on any more.

Comment

Most Consultantcies already have software developed which just needs customisation and config with end client, they usually hire a few "fluffers" to make up the numbers so they can charge end clients more. As long as the "fluffers" can manage to login to their pc thats about all there expected to do.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                X