• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New smiley in memory of Fleetwood

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New smiley in memory of Fleetwood

Just want to put this to the vote really - Stackpole has suggested we have an emoticon added to the board - and Wobblegong & I have mustered up 4 so far.

Do you think this is a good idea? If so - which one do you prefer? Do you have any other ideas for a Fleetwood emoticon - let us know.

Finally - Mods - would it be possible to add another emoticon to the board? Are you willing to do this if we have popular support?

Poll here
    Last edited by realityhack; 28 February 2007, 15:25.

I never knew Fleety but from I've read I like the idea, the one I like best is fleetyteach_a.

How about one for grammer as well?

Comment

Personally I find it a bit sad that the only thing he's being remembered for now is correcting peoples spelling.

Based on what was posted after his death was announced and after reading his memorial web page I'm very tempted to vote against this.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
        Personally I find it a bit sad that the only thing he's being remembered for now is correcting peoples spelling.

Based on what was posted after his death was announced and after reading his memorial web page I'm very tempted to vote against this.
        Ok, try being constructive for a while.

What do you suggest?

Comment

The smiley idea is a memorial to Fleety for all his contributions, it is appropriate that it is a spelling smiley.

What other memorial idea would you have?
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
            Ok, try being constructive for a while.

What do you suggest?
            Keep bumping his thread. It allows board members to remember him in their own way, they can discuss Fleetwood related topics on there as they wish.
            It also means that the board can move on as the members who had more of a relationship with the man move on to other things and stop posting here.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Keep bumping his thread. It allows board members to remember him in their own way, they can discuss Fleetwood related topics on there as they wish.
              It also means that the board can move on as the members who had more of a relationship with the man move on to other things and stop posting here.
              The smiley will have the same effect without morbidly banging on. Those who never knew him will just see it as a smiley. Those who have been around long enough will recognise it's deeper meaning. It may even arouse a fond memory or two.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Im all for it. Can we have a w"nker sign for spacecadet as well while we're at it.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                  Im all for it. Can we have a w"nker sign for spacecadet as well while we're at it.
                  Aye. And a "Dunce" sign for Dimprawn.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I've added another reading 'speling' as wobblegong said.

I can see your point Spacecadet, but the smiley would have no significance to new joiners - and we do make typos all the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X