• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bullsh1t Bingo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullsh1t Bingo

I have been playing Bullsh1t Bingo with a number of colleagues for a while now, the idea being to chalk up the week’s worst/banal/meaningless phrases or jargon spouted out by whoever we come into contact with around the business. The winner gets a pint.

My phrase of the week so far is “reframing opportunity”. Boiled down, this essentially means that a positive learning opportunity can always be gained out of a bad experience. E,g, if you got the sack, you could at least say you (hopefully) have your health. My next one is “we must take that back to the business”, usually uttered after a difficult meeting where no decisions have been made and no minutes taken. I mean, who or what is “the business”?

I am short of meaningless phrases and want to win this week’s pint. Can anyone help? Phrases must come from a business/political context in order to reflect the required Dilbert-esque awfulness.
    "My God, it's huge!!"

My personal fav: "Work on the low hanging fruit" - sprouted by sales people in general.

Comment

Try this link for ideas:

http://www.bulltulipbingo.net/cards/

Comment

I looked at the deliverables on your web link, great for our mind share e-forum. We are in the front line here and looking at the wider picture using a hands on approach as we touch base will get the ball rolling on all cylinders. The ball is in our court now so get the team players on the same page a wipe the slate clean.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Keep it fluid
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Joined up thinking outside the box by pushing the envelope and hit the ground running.

Comment

The current fave here is everything suffixed with "going forward". Thanks for ruling out time travel, guys!

My personal favourite "verbal overrun" was several years ago, from a genuinely nice chap who invariably finished his contribution with "or whatever from there".
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
                The current fave here is everything suffixed with "going forward". Thanks for ruling out time travel, guys!

My personal favourite "verbal overrun" was several years ago, from a genuinely nice chap who invariably finished his contribution with "or whatever from there".
                I nearly started a business with a guy who said going forward after every fecking sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl
                  I nearly started a business with a guy who said going forward after every fecking sentence.
                  I trust he is now buried under your patio?
                  Call the cops

Comment

Yeah as I sliced off his head he said "I think you should reconsider this going forw..."

Comment

Working...
                    X