• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stockbrokers gave me £6m

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stockbrokers gave me £6m

Great mistake, I did a trade as I do many times, and they miscalculated the sell price. Ended up putting over £6,000,000 into my broking account.

Of course they took it out 1 day later

Oh well, for once in my life I knew how it felt to be a multi-millionaire

What was the interest

On six million squid being in your account for a day!

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
      Great mistake, I did a trade as I do many times, and they miscalculated the sell price. Ended up putting over £6,000,000 into my broking account.

Of course they took it out 1 day later

Oh well, for once in my life I knew how it felt to be a multi-millionaire
      You had a whole 24 hours and the money was still in the UK? It should have been in the Caymans, and you should have been in Brazil by now
      Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

I had a credit card bill from Morgan Stanley for £400,000 but apparently everyone who was billed that day had the same problem (billx1000) it was sorted out fairly quick.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
          On six million squid being in your account for a day!
          I think about £500 but not sure if I'll get that!

Comment

Working...
          X