• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timesheets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timesheets

The perm chump that signs my timesheets is a complete tugger. I do the same hours every week, yet he insists on taking up to 2 days to sign my timesheet. Every week we go though the same old “leave it on my desk” routine. How long does it take? All I need is one freakin’ signature. He just hates contractors.

Originally posted by Jawz .
    The perm chump that signs my timesheets is a complete tugger. I do the same hours every week, yet he insists on taking up to 2 days to sign my timesheet. Every week we go though the same old “leave it on my desk” routine. How long does it take? All I need is one freakin’ signature. He just hates contractors.
    At one client some years ago the IT Director insisted that only he could sign the timesheets (Great use of his time, shows confidence in his Project Managers blah blah).

Of course this added a day or two to the actual signing. I retaliated by taking a couple of hours out to hand-deliver the timesheet to the agency as posting it would have resulted in a week's delay in payment.
    Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZZZ Snoozer
      taking a couple of hours out to hand-deliver the timesheet to the agency as posting it would have resulted in a week's delay in payment.
      Behold! The solution of the future!

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack

OK I asked for that.
        Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZZZ Snoozer

OK I asked for that.

Comment

Lol

Comment

looks like a great invention

Comment

Careful with that thing, it is what destroyed the Soviet Union.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I worked at one place where my PM was in Scotland and I was in Liverpool. I'd do a week, post the timesheet to him via the internal mail. This would take 2 days to reach him. He would usually miss it and fail to send it back on time, meaning that I didn't usually get it back until the following Monday. Then the agency would sit on the signed timesheet for 30 days before paying. That meant week 1 - do the work, week 2 - timesheet signed, Start of week 3 post to agent (wouldn't take a fax). They would get it tuesday of week 3 and the 30 day clock would start. So that would be a min of 4 weeks and 2 days making week 1 payment being made at the end of week 7. I hated that job! Couldn't use the fax as originals had to be sent at all times + PM would not forward them onto the agent incase they got lost!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                    Couldn't use the fax as originals had to be sent at all times + PM would not forward them onto the agent incase they got lost!
                    A good contractor finds a work-around for every challenge!

Comment

Working...
                    X