• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From metro's today: word foreigner is racist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From metro's today: word foreigner is racist

As from Metro day, a judge has deliberated that calling somebody a "foreigner" and especially adding "go back home" in any context is considered a racist offense.

What a pity that a large number of CUK posters will have to be soon convicted.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Originally posted by Francko
    As from Metro day, a judge has deliberated that calling somebody a "foreigner" and especially adding "go back home" in any context is considered a racist offense.

What a pity that a large number of CUK posters will have to be soon convicted.
    Bloody foreigners.....
    Call the cops

Comment

My mother in law is a foreigner and I regularly tell her to go back home.

Comment

OK, i'll use "untermenchen" then.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
          OK, i'll use "untermenchen" then.
          It's called auslander

Comment

Originally posted by andy
            It's called auslander
            I meant untermenchen
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

can we call them "no tails"?
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Is the word racist, inherently racist in it's connotations?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
                  My mother in law is a foreigner and I regularly tell her to go back home.
                  Are you Camilla Parker Bowles? ....I claim £5
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Right then - all we need to do is make up an 'ist' for IT contractors that are persecuted by the Government, hire Cherie Blair and bobs your auntie

Comment

Working...
                    X