• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Daily Rant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Daily Rant

That would be a great title for a Charlie Brooker style rant on topical absurdities from a few contributors, printed and handed out at stations. Although I have a feeling there's a blog out there along the same lines that I can't be bothered to search for.

Mine: Rude/Ignorant/Stupid people in London.

What is it with the average Londoner? Are they actually stupid? Or is it that they're so wrapped up in their iPods/Phones/Route home that they lose all sense of awareness of their surroundings and other people??

I'm seriously wondering if the average IQ has gone down a few points in the last 10 years.

People - when you're idly walking across Waterloo Station concourse in the middle of the rush hour - look where you are going. Don't wander around aimlessly, changing direction every 2 seconds. Don't walk purposefully, in a straight line, to STOP in your tracks and glance at the ceiling! Don't barge into people with no thought or consideration. Don't scuttle onto trains, barging past a pregnant woman to get the last seat in the carriage, you fecking morons.

Every day, without fail, this kind of thing happens. W*nkers with their tinny rap music blaring from mobiles on buses/trains, Young mums pushing prams at 15mph assuming you'll dive out of their way before their baby hits you.

What on earth are they thinking?? Or are they just being ignorant? Or is there a whole underclass of people who genuinely have no self-awareness or awareness of other people?

AAGH.

Move back to Darlo squirrel - its way better up there
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Well if you were at Waterloo station then the people that you were complaining about are either not from London or they were South Londoners. Both are scum.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Is that as in Darlington? I worked there for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawz .
          Is that as in Darlington? I worked there for a while.

Yeah - it's a beautiful place is't it?
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

french

Talking of trains, why is it that all platform announcements are read out in French as well as English? I would have thought that anyone French would:

1. Speak English anyway and

2. Not bother coming to the UK especially at this time of the year.

It is probably a trick to make an excuse to employ someone who speaks french and will thereby vote for labour by virtue of working for a govt monopoly.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
              Move back to Darlo squirrel - its way better up there
              Have to stick around for a while to earn some bucks - and London's where most of the money's flowing I'm afraid. Anyway, Darlington's deader than the deadest dead dodo. Nothing happening there AFAIK.

I'm sure this is a national affliction though. General ignorance.

Comment

Yeah - it's a beautiful place is't it?
                Interesting place.. I never really went out at night there, we used to go out in Newc. instead, the women were easier

Comment

Originally posted by Jawz .
                  Interesting place.. I never really went out at night there, we used to go out in Newc. instead, the women were easier

nah sorry, I was being sarcastic. Darlo is a tulip pit.

You did the right thing heading into newcastle mate
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

nah sorry, I was being sarcastic. Darlo is a tulip pit.

You did the right thing heading into newcastle mate
                    get with it lady, i was being sarcastc too

Comment

Working...
                    X