• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Booze and anti-biotics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booze and anti-biotics

Is it an urban myth that you can't drink whilst on ABs?

Originally posted by Jawz .
    Is it an urban myth that you can't drink whilst on ABs?
    Yep.

Alcohol is good for you, especially when mixed with pills.

Throw some cigarettes and a bit of hook into the mix, and you're laughing all the way to a ripe old age.
    Call the cops

Comment

Yes - it's a myth - I have no trouble drinking when on anti-biotics.

The AB's have no effect on your tolerance to alchohol, though the fact that you are ill & probably dehydrated might. The antibiotics, however, won't work as well (or possibly not at all), so you should probably avoid drinking
      Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Forget the pill and have a good drink, you've probably only got a cold.

If it doesn't kill you, it can only make you stronger.

Comment

Did you know one of the main risk factors in contracting MRSA is prior antibiotics usage!
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
            Did you know one of the main risk factors in contracting MRSA is prior antibiotics usage!
            Other than being treated in a dirty hospital?

Comment

There is one - I think it is metrodiazonale(something like that) which will make you very very sick if you mix it with alcohol. So much so that it is sometimes given to people with drink problems when they need to be sober for an operation. Not sure whether it is something that is added to stop you drinking with them (if alcohol lowers the effectiveness) or whether it is inherently contraindicated. It does clearly state it on the patient information. Most other ABs don't mention it on patient info so should be fine.

Cheers

Windy

Comment

Originally posted by Back In Business
                Other than being treated in a dirty hospital?
                You can aquire MRSA outside of a hospital and if you have had antibiotics in the past, you are more at risk!
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It's true that anti-biotics don't work well when they are pissed, but do any of us?

It's not fun to be on strong anti-biotics when traveling. Flying to the US in First class, couldn't get myself tulip faced on Krug like I normally do. Bitch of a stewardess left the bottle on the shelf right in front of me too. I cracked in the end. However, I did manage to keep it down to about half a bottle.
                  Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
                  X