• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CGT on access rights?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGT on access rights?

I think I'm right in saying you don't pay CGT on any money made in, for example, selling part of your back garden to a property developer to build on.

But how about selling access rights to a developer that has to go over your land to access somebody elses garden? I mean your not selling any land just access to that land. Any CGT due on this anybody know?

Cheers

Is this perm access or just while building?

Comment

it's temporary access for the builders but permanent access for the new owners of the new houses once they arrive.

currently the access is owned by the existing 3 houses. When there are six houses it will be owned by all 6. 6 shares each.

thanks

Comment

Are you talking about a ransom strip
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

most definitely

Comment

No possibility that they could go around you via another neighbours property?

Comment

absolutely none. They already tried that option.

Comment

Good news you have them by the balls...I think you'd best get some professional advice

Comment

any suggestions?

Comment

a lawyer?

Comment

Working...
                    X