• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

wife's done it again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wife's done it again

Third month running, she's written a large cheque from the joint account and failed to check that there was actually any money in the account. third month running we'll have to try and convince the bank not to charge their usual 'penalty ' fees. Ain't it brill living with a - and I quote - 'excellent money manager'.

I'd close the account but then she'd have nothing to f^&k up every month.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    Third month running, she's written a large cheque from the joint account and failed to check that there was actually any money in the account. third month running we'll have to try and convince the bank not to charge their usual 'penalty ' fees. Ain't it brill living with a - and I quote - 'excellent money manager'.

Just draw out cash and hand it to her weekly - take all her cards away and tell her "when it's gone it's gone"
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      Just draw out cash and hand it to her weekly - take all her cards away and tell her "when it's gone it's gone"
      you're obviously single - and probably be that way for a loooooong time.
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Married for 17 years- you need to set boundaries and make sure household expenses are kept in check... and the amount is very generous considering the household costs.
          It's called living within your means.
          If any extras are needed then it's not a problem as it's easy to keep track or delay until the next month.

Try it - be honest and open about your weekly costs - add a margin for luxuries etc and keep within a budget
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Get an agreed overdraft limit even if you don't need one. We've got one which we never plan to use, but it's handy in case we go a few pence overdrawn otherwise we'd incur the evil bank's bad boy charges.
            It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Troll,

seconded

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                Married for 17 years- you need to set boundaries and make sure household expenses are kept in check... and the amount is very generous considering the household costs.
                It's called living within your means.
                If any extras are needed then it's not a problem as it's easy to keep track or delay until the next month.

Try it - be honest and open about your weekly costs - add a margin for luxuries etc and keep within a budget
                That's what we do. But whenever my wife needs to send money somewhere she uses the joint account and transfers money in from her account...which she sometimes fails to do...or fails to put in enough..or sends the cheque before the money arrives from her transfer.

I leave a buffer of atleast £300 for any shopping or surprises and I have a online account where I keep an emergency fund.

I used to keep track of the account and politely 'inform' the wife that we were a bit short..but after having been lectured on her money management skills - I leave it up to her. Since then we've gone overdrawn each month.

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
                  Get an agreed overdraft limit even if you don't need one. We've got one which we never plan to use, but it's handy in case we go a few pence overdrawn otherwise we'd incur the evil bank's bad boy charges.
                  Which are easily recovered - we've managed it twice so far. no court dates just a trip in to see the manager and its done. I think they know they are on thin legal ice when it comes to these charges.

Comment

Sorry must be mistaken but I thought I heard someone mention the phrases...

Live within your means

&

Budget

I refer you to this sites URL

www .CONTRACTORuk.com

you should be ashamed using rude words like this on this site. Better yet just get the butler to have a quiet word with the missus.

Comment

Working...
                    X