• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Im New! Don't kill me! help me please!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im New! Don't kill me! help me please!

Hi guys,

I have just agreed to my first contract and need some guidance. I am sure you all have been here and I am after some of your advice please.

My contract starts in 4 weeks time. I have considered and even started the process of joining a brollie, but since then, I have read a lot regarding ltd companies.

My question (as all new contractors) is, should I pause the application to the brollie (GIANT) and read further into LTD companies?

Is the brollie the easiest way to go to start with?

How difficult is it to run a LTD company, for someone who has never done so?

Please don't flame me, I just need a bit of help!

Thanks,

Chad.

Ooooohhhhh deeeaaaaarrrrrrr!!

I can't bear to watch. Someone's asked 'that question' again.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

It's the same feckin question over and over AGAIN
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Actually I find the <not>cowboys keep asking the same feckin questions over and over again... you explain, you draw diagrams, you say 'do you understand?', they nod and go off and do the complete opposite of what you described

Comment

In theory we should sticky and lock a couple of threads relating to this like most real bulletin boards which are there to help people.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Denny,

Thank you for that, I am sure you all have had these questions many times (eh Troll?) but I really do appreciate the advice.

The other main question, is that if I go through a brollie for the first 3 months (contract length is 3 months) can I then change to a LTD company when I renew? If so, is this an easy process?

Chad.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
              In theory we should sticky and lock a couple of threads relating to this like most real bulletin boards which are there to help people.
              thought they had already done this in Legal/Accounting

Comment

Heading over to legal to "check it out"

Comment

Originally posted by Doobrey
                  Heading over to legal to "check it out"
                  Surely you jest

Comment

If we had a pound for everytime this question gets asked, we could buy a...

Comment

Working...
                    X