• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Canary Wharf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canary Wharf

My office is moving there in a few weeks, whats it like to work there, good restaurants, bars?

Originally posted by Jawz .
    My office is moving there in a few weeks, whats it like to work there, good restaurants, bars?
    Awful. Overprice, overcrowded, no style, not many useful shops either, not any good sandwich bar or restaurant. And if you want to spend your lunch hour in a restaurant prepare to go there at 10.30 otherwise you have to queue for 1 hour or go to "bene bene" where you have these annoying cashiers shouting "next please" at the speed of 120 times a minute. You can't enjoy the shops as you will be pushed by a flux of thousands of people in a hurry thus you are not allowed to stop or change direction. Go somewhere else. Go somewhere else.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
      Awful. Overprice, overcrowded, no style, not many useful shops either, not any good sandwich bar or restaurant. And if you want to spend your lunch hour in a restaurant prepare to go there at 10.30 otherwise you have to queue for 1 hour or go to "bene bene" where you have these annoying cashiers shouting "next please" at the speed of 120 times a minute. You can't enjoy the shops as you will be pushed by a flux of thousands of people in a hurry thus you are not allowed to stop or change direction. Go somewhere else. Go somewhere else.
      Well they've been planning this move for almost a year, but I guess there's no harm in trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawz .
        AVOID IT LIKE THE CLAP! The centre of London will turn you from a normal, caring, thoughtful individual into a mentally unhinged fraggle. Trouble is, becuase everyone else who works there is the same, you'll think it's the norm. When you finally wake up and rotate back to the 'outside of London' area, people will instantly think to themselves "mm, must've worked at Canary Wharf"

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
          AVOID IT LIKE THE CLAP! The centre of London will turn you from a normal, caring, thoughtful individual into a mentally unhinged fraggle. Trouble is, becuase everyone else who works there is the same, you'll think it's the norm. When you finally wake up and rotate back to the 'outside of London' area, people will instantly think to themselves "mm, must've worked at Canary Wharf"

I'd hardly call Canary Wharf the centre of London?!

Comment

Originally posted by reformation
            No, the centre is at Charing Cross apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by reformation
              Fair comment. Ok, try anything with a London postcode, that should give people a fair breadth of area.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
                Did you Google that or did you know it already?

Comment

Originally posted by Back In Business
                  Did you Google that or did you know it already?
                  Sadly, I knew it already. It was in a pub quiz a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
                    are you sure you're sure - I though it was the Marble Arch type jobbie at the end of oxford street
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X