• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear. Escape Clause. Agency gets it wrong!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear. Escape Clause. Agency gets it wrong!

Just been asked by the client to go direct so they can save the pimp fees.

I still get paid 30 days either way, so I asked how much the client was going to pay the agency to take them out of the loop.

'Nothing' was the reply.

Turns out the agency had chucked me in and allowed the client to add in a sliding scale buy out clause. 15% of the annual salary initially, dropping to 5%. After 17 weeks, the clause drops to nothing. Zero. Zilch. Agency doesnt get a penny!!!!! AND THEY SIGNED IT!!!!!!

Week 17 next week. You've got to laugh.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan

I still get paid 30 days either way, so I asked how much the client was going to pay the agency to take them out of the loop.

'Nothing' was the reply.

Turns out the agency had chucked me in and allowed the client to add in a sliding scale buy out clause. 15% of the annual salary initially, dropping to 5%. After 17 weeks, the clause drops to nothing. Zero. Zilch. Agency doesnt get a penny!!!!! AND THEY SIGNED IT!!!!!!

C'mon ,spill the beans. Which agency?

Comment

'Nothing' was the reply.

But if you'd opted in, they would have to do something like this.

My client wants me to go direct and I've told him to negotiate a deal like this for the renewall. But he hasn't got the balls. (I signed the opt out after receiving the contract so in theory it's void. But I don't want to be the bad guy with the agency as I don't think the client will be here in 18 months time time)

tim

Comment

Congratulations, that must be some sort of record for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          Congratulations, that must be some sort of record for you!

Are you just following MF round the board giving him abuse?
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

"Are you just following MF round the board giving him abuse? "

When Churchill follows me I just hum this

"And there's a million of us just like me
            who cuss like me; who just don't give a **** like me
            who dress like me; walk, talk and act like me
            and just might be the next best thing but not quite me!"
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

'Nothing' was the reply.

If I was hiring contractors out of my own pocket I think it would be a doddle to get this sort of deal out of agents. Me: "It's 17 weeks or nothing", Agent: "I'll take the 17 weeks and I thank you very much for giving me your business" !

Comment

Working...
              X