• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Biting the hands that feed them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biting the hands that feed them?

Nurses to get 1.9% payrise

An insult IMHO but 'fair' according to Gordo - comments from the House?

If delta of 1-2% in annual payraise makes the difference to any given person then this person should find job in a field that will provide for much higher salary in the first place - if you don't have enough money you need to look for radical solutions rather than huggle over fractions of a percent on a very small amount anyway.

Saving money is one of those ways to increase effective disposable income: less drinks, no smokes, use bike rather than car - in all these cases it will be Brown who will lose out in terms of money.

Comment

I'll be the first person to say that nurses should be paid much better wages. I couldn't do there job (or more honestly, wouldn't).

BUT - we have to many now. Newly qualified nurses can't get jobs.

So what's Gorgo's incentive for increasing their salary any further?
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

New nurses can't get jobs because of debt crisis - NHS frozen recruitment and fires people... because Gordon overspent on crappy PFI deals.

Comment

strategy seems to be cut wages so people leave, then import a load of foreign workers to work at even lower rates.

local hospital where I live is now 90% staffed mainly by polish and thai nurses.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
            Nurses to get 1.9% payrise

An insult IMHO but 'fair' according to Gordo - comments from the House?
            I've been listening to Labour politicians on the radio telling us it is really, in fact, 4.5%.

I didn't follow the argument myself, but they were quite insistent.

Comment

Labour turning Labour voters against Labour......works for me

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                I've been listening to Labour politicians on the radio telling us it is really, in fact, 4.5%.

I didn't follow the argument myself, but they were quite insistent.
                They are saying that on average they will be earning 4.5% more, once extra pay due to promotions or increased qualifications are taken into account.

In other words they are trying to double-count the extra money that promotions/qualifications bring; count it once as a reward for the promotion/qualification and count it again as part of an annual pay rise.

In yet more words; they are lying. And if more than one of them has been saying it, it's a deliberate systematic lie organised by spin-doctor central.

Actually, it's to clever a lie to have been thought up on the spot, so it clearly is cynical premeditated deception.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
                  it's a deliberate systematic lie organised by spin-doctor central.
                  It's called politics.

HTH

Comment

Let me be clear.

The nurses will indeed receive nearly five percent more, which is nearly three percentage points about inflation. They should be very pleased with that.

And yet I have restrained their pay increase to within the budget of 1.9 percent, as a prudent Chancellor would, reassuring the taxpayer.

Comment

Working...
                    X