• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'll Earn It, She'll Burn It!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll Earn It, She'll Burn It!

Any male contractors (or for that matter, lesbian contractors, equal ops and all that cr@p) have this problem where the money coming in seems like a shopper's charter when in reality it's there to cover the lean periods. Any advice on how to tackle this minor inconvenience in one's financial planning.

(Please, don't suggest divorce, it's too expensive and defeats the object of saving money!)

Sorry I am not an expert on the subject...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
      Any male contractors (or for that matter, lesbian contractors, equal ops and all that cr@p) have this problem where the money coming in seems like a shopper's charter when in reality it's there to cover the lean periods. Any advice on how to tackle this minor inconvenience in one's financial planning.

(Please, don't suggest divorce, it's too expensive and defeats the object of saving money!)
      weld her handbag closed
      HTH
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Tell her to get a job - or keep the money in a business account - or better still invest in long term bonds.

Comment

Stop being so weak and lay down the law!

It's all about training!
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

wear the pants at home for a start

Comment

Start putting it into savings (ie ISA’s) or pensions. Your gaining money in the long term and she can't argue with it.

Failing that tell her your undergoing an investigation and until it is all clear you need there to be very low spending patterns.

Otherwise say that you were planning this really great holiday/present/other cr*p but now that she has spent it all you can’t do it for her. Get her on the guilt wagon! (mind you that may cause an increase in spending! )
              "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Have you ever wondered why young attractive women fall for older, ugly, boring IT Contractors that appear to have a personality bypass....

Comment

Its too late, choose your wife carefully in the first place.

Comment

Get a Thai bride, they won't ask for much but you'll need plenty of room for the family that visit but never go home!

No I'm not married to one I just know someone who is.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X