• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do i need an accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do i need an accountant?

Hi,
    I have just started a contract 2 weeks which is for 3 months. This is my first contract and I chose the Ltd company route. Have just started the company and not done anything more. I was wondering if I should go to an accountant for help with the rest of the stuff or just do all the registrations and payrolls etc myself( with help from my wife). I am not sure if I would continue contracting or go on to a permanent job after this.
    Do you have to pay your accountants even if you are not contracting for some months. How much do you pay in such cases and can I pay just for doing the final accounts and tax returns . Is there any lock- in periods with accountants?

Any accountants I should not go to??( since you can't recommend an accountant) :\

I am sure i will have loads of queries following.....this is just the beginning....

Not very helpful I know but if you've just taken a 3 monther with no real commitment to remaining a contractor you should have signed up with an umbrella.

I run ************ with Rhino (link near the top of this page) and we do recommend an accountant (and a brolly come to that). You may get some sort of deal to do the company accounts from a local bookkeeper but a proper accountant will not reduce their fees much just because you've only operated for 3 months IMO - it's not worth their while.

Comment

If your interested in doing your accounts and payroll yourself (or with help from your wife) why not try www.libertyaccounts.com

Comment

Working...
      X