• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government Injunction Against The Beeb

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government Injunction Against The Beeb

What's this about? Can anyone tell me?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6414113.stm

Probably something that could have got tony kicked out.

I doubt that it would have been good news for him otherwise it would have been let to air.

Comment

Useless peaceful protest outside Parliment anyone?

Comment

An internal Downing Street e-mail between two members of Tony Blair's inner circle is at the centre of an injunction against the BBC.

The Attorney General obtained an injunction against the BBC to stop it broadcasting an item on Friday night.

The details obtained by the BBC could have been central to the investigation into an alleged Downing Street cover-up over the cash for honours affair.

But the police were concerned that the BBC could hamper their inquiries.

The inquiry began a year ago into claims that honours were granted in exchange for loans to the Labour party.

It has recently expanded into an investigation into allegations of attempts to pervert the course of justice.
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Check out blogs like Guido Fawkes, Iain Dale, ConservativeHome, etc. You'll find out a bit more.

There is also a story going around that it was leaked (by ? ) to deliberately scupper the chances of a trial. The country has got so mad that such a wild idea is no longer seen as so wild after all.
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
            Check out blogs like Guido Fawkes, Iain Dale, ConservativeHome, etc. You'll find out a bit more.

There is also a story going around that it was leaked (by ? ) to deliberately scupper the chances of a trial. The country has got so mad that such a wild idea is no longer seen as so wild after all.
            My thoughts have been along the line of, 'why no leaks to scupper a fair trial?', for quite a while now.

So not at all a wild idea.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              My thoughts have been along the line of, 'why no leaks to scupper a fair trial?', for quite a while now.

So not at all a wild idea.
              This is firmly in the 'you could not make it up' department. Telegraph
              Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
                This is firmly in the 'you could not make it up' department. Telegraph
                Whoever leaked the email to the BBC - I assume they will be charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice?

Comment

Working...
                X